The eFounders Fellowship program provides first-hand exposure to ecommerce and digital innovations, access to business leaders across Alibaba and China, as well as an opportunity to connect with like-minded, leading entrepreneurs in your region. The fellowship is a community of passionate and successful "Champions for the New Economy" looking to inspire and create a more inclusive development model for all.
As former Special Advisor to the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) Jack Ma, Executive Chairman of Alibaba Group, recognized that by applying ideas from China’s most innovative businesses to their own ventures, fellows will be equipped to effect change in their home countries. With this opportunity in mind, the eFounders Fellowship was created in 2017 to find and empower local entrepreneurs who can leverage Alibaba’s experience in China.
The eFounders Fellowship program is jointly organized by Alibaba Business School and the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD), who are implementing the Sustainable Development Goals for 2030.
We work closely with a number of organizations across multiple regions who help support the program and entrepreneurs. View all partner profiles >
What do participants learn?
• The key factors in Alibaba’s long-term success.
• The defining moments and failures that have shaped Alibaba’s journey (including the early stages of development).
• An understanding of Alibaba’s ecosystem.
What the program cannot promise:
• The opportunity to partner with Alibaba.
• The opportunity to receive Alibaba investment.
eFounders Fellowship welcomes entrepreneurs who are:
• Authentic, open-minded and altruistic leaders of the 'new economy'.
• Building enterprises for long-term success, not for short-term profit.
• Mission-driven and have a strong sense of purpose, integrity, vision and drive.
• Willing to learn and share their experiences and ideas.
Jack Ma and UNCTAD with youth in Africa:
The eFounders Fellowship was created as a result of Jack Ma’s exploration of opportunities with African youth and businesses to participate in global trade and raises awareness of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, as part of his role as UNCTAD Special Advisor for Youth, Entrepreneurship and Small Business:
Class 10 - South Asia
Due to COVID-19, the original dates for eFounders Fellowship Class 10 (South Asia) will be postponed with new dates to be released soon.
Class 9 - Africa
Due to COVID-19, the original dates for eFounders Fellowship Class 9 (Africa) will be postponed with new dates to be released soon.
Class 4 highlights and key takeaways from 38 entrepreneurs across 11 countries in South & S.E. Asia.
Details and applications for the following classes will be opening soon.
• Class 9 (Africa): June 2020
• Class 10 (Asia): August 2020
We work closely with a number of organizations across multiple regions who help support the program and entrepreneurs (view partner profiles).